Looking for the next big step in your career? Then continue reading …
- Do you want to be part of an award winning culinary team and world renowned resort?
- Are you a chef that has flare and a creative nature?
- Can you make a real difference?
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified Chef de Partie to assist in running our PAD kitchen at the Celtic Manor Resort.
Our reputation is built on exceptional service, outstanding hospitality and exceeding expectations, all of which depend on the outstanding personalities, performance and professionalism of our exceptional team of people.
We are constantly evolving with new projects and developments, providing a fantastic working environment with endless opportunities for hard-working, talented individuals. We take the same approach to our ever-expanding team of people, investing in their learning and development, nurturing their skills and talents and providing them with every opportunity to grow including the chance to cross-train and work across a broad range of departments.
As Chef de Partie you will be standards driven, strive for perfection and have a genuine drive and ambition. You will be expected to continue the food concept development and produce cuisine of exceptional quality and appearance.
We are expecting candidates to demonstrate:
- Experience in a quality food service establishment
- A hands-on approach
- Relevant Food Hygiene qualification
We offer competitive salaries and excellent staff benefits including uniform, free meal whilst on duty, staff accommodation and generous discounts throughout the Resort including hotel accommodation, golf, spa treatments and hair salon, leisure membership, golf and spa retail shops.
Why not join a thriving environment and become part of a successful team!
- Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
- Responsible for ensuring full, safe operation of all equipment and stock, in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
- Responsible for resolving all internal/external customer complaints escalated from team members, solving the complaint to the resort and internal/external customers benefit. Also communicating the results to the Department Manager.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Ensures that the training of employees in her/her Department conforms to Celtic Manor training standards by:
- identifying training needs in relation to the business
- formulating relevant and realistic six-month plans for the Department
- designing training sessions to meet established priorities
- ensuring an up-to-date and efficient training administration system is maintained
- assessing the performance of employees and evaluating the results of training programmes
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments
- Complies with Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety and Hygiene policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures.
- Attend all Meetings as Scheduled and as per Request.
- Ordering of all food items as per requirement from the Dry store.
- Ensuring that all food items that are purchased are received and checked against the Invoice. Then stored in the correct manner.
- Preparing and serving the food as per Department standard.
- Ensuring that his/her Department is clean at any given time.
- Making sure that all Banqueting and Restaurant requirements are dealt with in an orderly and fast manner.
- Ensuring that all Equipment is looked after and any faults are reported to the Senior Chef on Duty.
- Making sure that all stock is labelled and rotated.
- Liasing with the Sous Chef and Senior Chef on Duty for any other requirements
- In absent of the Senior Chef, the Chef de Partie will act on his/her behalf when appointed.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development