Waiting For A Great Opportunity? Then look no further! We are looking to recruit a Chef de Rang (Senior Waiter/Waitress) to join one of our Restaurants here at The Celtic Manor Resort in the beautiful Usk Valley in South Wales.
As a Chef de Rang you will be required to work alongside a talented restaurant brigade where customer service is of utmost importance. You must be dedicated with a passion and flair for your service coupled with a positive 'can do' attitude. You will be courteous and have confidence to look after our guests to a high standard, providing a 5* service at all times. A good all round knowledge of food and wine, good communication skills and a passion for the industry would be ideal.
Previous experience in Food & Beverage is essential.
- Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
- Responsible for all stock and the care and control of all professional equipment within your working environment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
- Participates in monthly audits and checks on all equipment to verify its location and ensure its full, safe operation.
- Responsible for escalating any complaints to the Department Manager immediately, providing full details.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all resort facilities and events, in order to promote the resort to guests and visitors, as well as answer their questions.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all equipment used at the side stations to serve the guests.
- Help Controlling, under the supervision of the outlet Manager & Supervisor, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Quality of service
- Stock and operating equipment
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensures that all mis-en-place is correctly prepared and in place before the service begins.
- Cleans all the equipment and condiments daily, and attends to his/her cleaning roster duties.
- Serves and clears food and beverage in a courteous, polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides a consistent service and gives assistance to the guests for tables and menus.
- Assist the Manager & Supervisor in the coaching & leadership of the team, to make sure of fast, efficient and courteous service.
- Assist the Outlet Manager & Supervisor in Food & Beverage order taking and product up selling, in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- In the absence of the Manager and Supervisor will be responsible for cashing up, log book Completion, staff hours recording and closing procedures.
- Constantly monitors the guests in order to anticipate their needs. Communicates effectively with his/her supervisor re: guest feedback, to ensure all complaints are handled promptly and to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Ensure that all tables are served within the recommended waiting time, by organising the order of service efficiently ( size of tables, time of ordering, etc).
- Meets and greets all arriving and departing guests according to THE CELTIC MANOR STANDARDS.
- Clears and cleans tables. Exchanges linen as required.
- Ensures all service and back-areas are well stocked and clean.
- Attends briefings and any training sessions as requested.
- Obtains the daily requisitions from store.
- Arrives in time (at least 5 min before shift starts) as per issued Rosta. In case of sickness he/ she will report immediately to the Outlet Manager as per CMR handbook to enable reschedule or replacement.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments
- Complies with hotel’s Health, Fire and Safety, Hygiene Policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures. Reports all situations, which may represent a danger to guests or staff, immediately, to his/her supervisor, and takes action to rectify the situation, if possible.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and minimise costs incurred through breakage, loss and excessive use of chemicals.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development