- Do you want to be part of an award winning culinary team and world renowned resort?
- Are you a chef that has flare and a creative nature?
- Can you make a real difference?
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified Commis Chef to assist in running the Newbridge on Usk.
Our reputation is built on exceptional service, outstanding hospitality and exceeding expectations, all of which depend on the outstanding personalities, performance and professionalism of our exceptional team of people.
We are constantly evolving with new projects and developments, providing a fantastic working environment with endless opportunities for hard-working, talented individuals. We take the same approach to our ever-expanding team of people, investing in their learning and development, nurturing their skills and talents and providing them with every opportunity to grow including the chance to cross-train and work across a broad range of departments.
As Commis Chef you will be standards driven, strive for perfection and have a genuine drive and ambition. You will be expected to continue the food concept development and produce cuisine of exceptional quality and appearance.
We are expecting candidates to demonstrate:
- Experience in a quality food service establishment
- A hands-on approach
- Relevant Food Hygiene qualification
We offer competitive salaries and excellent staff benefits including uniform, free meal whilst on duty, staff accommodation and generous discounts throughout the Resort including hotel accommodation, golf, spa treatments and hair salon, leisure membership, golf and spa retail shops.
Why not join a thriving environment and become part of a successful team!
- Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
- Responsible for all stock and the care and control of all professional equipment within your working environment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
- Participates in monthly audits and checks on all equipment to verify its location and ensure its full, safe operation.
- Responsible for escalating any complaints to the Department Manager immediately, providing full details.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Reports for duty properly dressed in the assigned uniform and well-groomed.
- Preparing and serving all food as per Department standard.
- Ensuring that his/her Department is clean at any given time.
- Making sure that all stock is labelled and rotated.
- Attend all Training sessions as per request.
- Liasing with his/her Supervisor, for any other requirements.
- Brings all problems to the attention of his/her Supervisor.
- Ensures that all stock is stored in a proper manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments.
- Complies with Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety and Hygiene policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures. Reports all situations which may represent a danger to guests or staff immediately to his/her supervisor and takes action to rectify the situation, if possible.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development