Commis Chef - Hilton London, Angel Islington
Are you a Commis Chef or a Kitchen Porter/Assistant who is looking for that next step? We'll hedge a bet that you're able to spin 100 plates at once, not literally – of course, but you're someone who thrives under pressure and embraces change.
As clichéd as it sounds, you'll believe that delivering memorable experiences really is all about the small details. How will you do this? Well, you'll make sure your regular Sunday customer, Arif, gets those two pots of gravy instead of one; or you'll perfect an exciting new specials dish that Jessica thinks is super Instagramable, as soon as it's put in front of her.
What will I be responsible for as a Commis Chef?
As a Commis Chef at Kew Green Hotels, you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing food for a whole host of dishes – following specifications to ensure your Head Chef and Sous Chef can quickly send out meals to a high standard
- Supporting everyone in the kitchen to ensure no corners are cut (or chopped)
- Ensuring Chefs stations are well stocked with anything they may need throughout service
- Ensuring the kitchen and work stations are kept clean and tidy to enable the delivery of an outstanding service
- Learning from, and assisting your Chef de Partie
- Ensuring you and your team deliver high standards of food and health and safety regulations – it's not just our customers we want to make smile!
Is this Commis Chef role right for me?
- You'll already be an established Commis Chef
- You'll know the way a kitchen runs like the back of your hand
- You'll have cooking preparation skills gained within a fast-paced environment
- You will be creative and have a passion for creating profitable and exciting specials
- You will be flexible, adaptable – hardworking and FUN!
What's in it for me?
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc (because we know life isn't just about work)
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels estate
- Leisure Club / Gym free membership
- International Travel at Employee Rate for other branded hotels within our brand family (and you're not just limited to good old Britain – our family has hotels that span all over the world!)
- Parking on site for free
- Meals for free on shift – hard work is hungry work!
- Progression Room to grow, with opportunities across the UK and internationally
- Uniform provided
- Flexible attitude and working hours