We are looking to recruit a Junior Sous Chef to work in The Rib Kitchen at our Colda Court Hotel. As a chef you will be standards driven, strive for perfection and have a genuine drive and ambition. You will take responsibility for overseeing the general day to day kitchen operations from ensuring lunch and dinner are set up whilst also ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Your food knowledge and skills will support the brigade in order to deliver outstanding food and in turn, a superb colleague experience.
Main responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist whilst monitoring food quality.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, fryers etc.
- Set-up and break down of work station ensuring cleanliness at all times.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager and complete department training.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work within a controlled budget and food cost
- Experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of working as a Chef in a restaurant or similar large scale environment
- Creative, innovative and passionate
- High standards of health & safety and food hygiene.
- Pride and passion for what you do.
- Consistent, high quality food that reflects our high standards.
- Minimum Chef NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Relevant Good Hygiene Certificate
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development