We are looking to recruit a Kitchen Steward to join our team.
In this important role you will ensure that you maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen as instructed by your supervisor/manager.
Duties will vary, however may include the cleaning of kitchen equipment, utensils, floors and work surfaces, emptying and cleaning of bins, transporting equipment around the resort, operating dish washers, refuge compactors and other cleaning machines in accordance with specific guidelines. You will also ensure that you adhere to instructions regarding health, safety, hygiene and the use of chemical cleaning agents and their application.
Previous experience in a cleaning environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
- Responsible for all stock and the care and control of all professional equipment within your working environment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
- Participates in monthly audits and checks on all equipment to verify its location and ensure its full, safe operation.
- Responsible for escalating any complaints to the Department Manager immediately, providing full details.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Reports for duty properly dressed in the assigned uniform and well-groomed according to the standards laid down by the Resort and the Chief Steward.
- Makes sure that all food outlets have an adequate supply of clean operating equipment at all times.
- Operates all dishwashing equipment safely and according to the correct procedures.
- Makes sure that the dishwasher is emptied and cleaned at the end of the shift.
- Washes all pans and pots by hand using the correct procedure.
- Makes sure that chefs have a continuous supply of clean pans for cooking.
- Cleaning of all kitchen floors, walls, sealing, fridge’s, filter, Extractor Filters and other kitchen Ware.
- Makes sure the work area is clear of all hazards. If hazards do exist, e.g. water on the floor, then correct signage must be placed.
- Ensures all operating equipment is handled safely to minimise breakages.
- Cleans all garbage from the kitchens and staff cafeteria, as required.
- Makes sure the garbage area is kept clear and clean at all times.
- Checks all garbage bags to salvage re-usable equipment (e.g. glass, china, cutlery), only when wearing appropriate protective clothing.
- Washes all rubbish bins at the end of each shift.
- Establishes and maintains friendly and helpful relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments
- When working the night shift, makes sure that
- All used stoves, grills and bain-marie are clean using the correct chemicals and cleaning equipment.
- All soiled equipment from all food outlets is cleaned and returned to the outlet
- All rubbish is cleared
- Any other night duties requested by the Chief Steward or his assistant are carried out.
- Attends meetings and training as requested by his/her team coach or the Chief Steward.
- Complies with the Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety, Hygiene Policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures. Reports all situations, which may represent a danger to guests or staff, immediately, to his/her supervisor, and takes action to rectify the situation, if possible.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and reduce costs.
- Assisting the Shift leader and the Snr Stewarding team in any way possible.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development
Set in 2,000 acres of rolling parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, South Wales, the award-winning Celtic Manor offers luxury on a grand scale, encompassing a host of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Manor Collection. With four hotels and ten luxurious Hunter Lodges, three spectacular championship golf courses, two health spas and fitness clubs, seven restaurants, an array of exciting adventure activities and a new International Convention Centre Wales, Celtic Manor is the ultimate European resort destination.
In the event we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close this campaign early
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The Celtic Manor Resort is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome interest from applicants of all ages.