Come and join the team.....
We’re a talented and award-winning Culinary Team that’s well recognised externally. Our recent successes include the coveted Hotel Chef of the Year at the Cateys for our Executive Chef (Simon Attridge), while Tatler Travel Awards recognised the breadth and creativity of our culinary offering by awarding us the ‘Best Restaurant Scene’ of 2020.
One of Scotland’s finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we have Permanent and Fixed Term Contract opportunities available now for experienced, creative and dynamic Sous Chefs.
Be part of ‘Our Glorious Playground’…
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a “riviera in the Highlands”. Today, as a member of the Leadership Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
With over forty operating departments, including 9 different food & beverage experiences, Gleneagles offer its 1,000 employees unrivalled opportunities, across many different roles and disciplines.
Located just off the A9, Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role
- A key, senior member of the Culinary team, you’ll nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Making sure our operation runs without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Supporting our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchens creative, ever-changing environments where we’re always looking to come up with new, delicious combinations of taste; you’ll be
- Learning from some of the finest, most experienced chefs in the business
- Maintaining a can-do and problem-solving attitude, you’ll be passionate about the highest possible standards and have great eye for detail
- Operating, as an amazing team player, both in the kitchen and with your colleagues across the Culinary Brigade and throughout the Estate
The kind of person we're looking for:
- You have previous experience working as part of a fast-moving, quality driven, culinary team, at Sous Chef level, ideally within Michelin and 5* hotels
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm, you like working in an environment where things move and flex; a can-do attitude is key
- A positive attitude and impeccable attention to detail are second nature to you
- You’re reliable and like to ensure every job is completed to the highest standard consistently
- A great team worker, you have with strong communication skills
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus gratuities
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted golf membership and spa treatments
- Discounted hotel stays (Gleneagles, Hoxton Hotels and 27 luxury hotels across Scotland)
- 10% discount on Gleneagles retail products and the invitation to attend pre-sale events
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Two Volunteering days with a charitable partner of your choice
If you would like to join the brightest doers and most talented makers in the business, please apply now