Bartender - Olive Tree
We are looking to recruit a Bartender to join our 5* establishment – The Celtic Manor Resort in the beautiful Usk Valley in South Wales.
As a Bartender you will create, prepare and mix drinks to fulfill and exceed our guests’ expectations. Having worked in a 4*, 5* or high class establishment you will have outstanding customer service skills along with a passion for the industry and what you do. Having attention to detail and enthusiasm is required to ensure the customer is delivered the ultimate service standards they expect and deserve.
As a motivated bartender you will be courteous and take pride in your work area and yourself. Your communication skills will be second to none and you will have a good all round knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and current licensing laws.
37.5 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 (will include weekends)
Rate of pay:
£8.55 per hour
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all equipment used at the side stations to serve the guests.
- Help Controlling, under the supervision of the outlet Manager & Supervisor, on an on-going
- basis, the following:
- Quality of service
- Stock and operating equipment
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensures that all mis-en-place is correctly prepared and in place before the service begins.
- Cleans all the equipment and condiments daily, and attends to his/her cleaning roster duties.
- Serves and clears food and beverage in a courteous, polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides a consistent service and gives assistance to the guests for tables and menus.
- Assist the Manager & Supervisor in the coaching & leadership of the team, to make sure of
- fast, efficient and courteous service.
- Assist the Outlet Manager & Supervisor in Food & Beverage order taking and product
- up selling, in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- In the absence of the Manager and Supervisor will be responsible for cashing up, log book completion, staff hours recording and closing procedures.
- Constantly monitors the guests in order to anticipate their needs. Communicates effectively with his/her supervisor re: guest feedback, to ensure all feedback handled promptly and to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Ensure that all tables are served within the recommended waiting time, by organising the
- order of service efficiently ( size of tables, time of ordering, etc).
- Meets and greets all arriving and departing guests according to THE CELTIC MANOR STANDARDS.
- Clears and cleans tables. Exchanges linen as required.
- Ensures all service and back-areas are well stocked and clean.
- Attends briefings and any training sessions as requested.
- Obtains the daily requisitions from store.
- Arrives in time (at least 5 min before shift starts) as per issued Rosta. In case of sickness he/she will report immediately to the Outlet Manager as per CMR handbook to enable reschedule or replacement.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments
- Complies with hotel’s Health, Fire and Safety, Hygiene Policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures. Reports all situations, which may represent a danger to guests or staff, immediately, to his/her supervisor, and takes action to rectify the situation, if possible.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and minimise costs incurred through breakage, loss and excessive use of chemicals.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development
Set in 2,000 acres of rolling parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, South Wales, the award-winning Celtic Manor offers luxury on a grand scale, encompassing a host of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Manor Collection. With four hotels and ten luxurious Hunter Lodges, three spectacular championship golf courses, two health spas and fitness clubs, seven restaurants, an array of exciting adventure activities and a new International Convention Centre Wales, Celtic Manor is the ultimate European resort destination.
In the event we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close this campaign early
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The Celtic Manor Resort is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome interest from applicants of all ages.