Waiting For A Great Opportunity? Then look no further!
Do you have what it takes to join a fantastic team and be rewarded for excellence? Are you someone that has a passion for outstanding customer service and wants to work in hospitality? Can you help make a real difference? If you have answered yes… we want to hear from you!
We are recruiting full time waiters/waitresses to join one of our seven restaurants based in the spectacular Celtic Manor Resort.
If you are friendly, courteous, love working as part of a team and are passionate about the hotel industry, we would love to hear from you.
You will have just what it takes to impress our guests with your exceptional customer service, sparkling personality and good levels of spoken and written English. You will be a committed team player who enjoys working as a team and providing excellent customer service to our guests.
The full time Food and Beverage role is 37.5 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 and will include weekends.
- Responsible for delivering the ultimate in professional internal/external customer service with the standards expected and trained by the Department.
- Responsible for all stock and the care and control of all professional equipment within your working environment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and presentation within your working environment in accordance with set standards.
- Participates in monthly audits and checks on all equipment to verify its location and ensure its full, safe operation.
- Responsible for escalating any complaints to the Department Manager immediately, providing full details.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a guest-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Reports for duty properly dressed in the assigned uniform and well groomed according to the standards laid down by the Resort and the Outlet Manager.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of all resort facilities and events, in order to promote the resort to guests and visitors, as well as answer their questions.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all equipment used at the side stations to serve the guests.
- Help Controlling, under the supervision of the outlet Manager & Supervisor, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Quality of service
- Stock and operating equipment
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensures that all mis-en-place is correctly prepared and in place before the service begins.
- Cleans all the equipment and condiments daily, and attends to his/her cleaning roster duties.
- Serves and clears food and beverage in a courteous, polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides a consistent service and gives assistance to the guests for tables and menus.
- Assist the Manager & Supervisor in the coaching & leadership of the team, to make sure of fast, efficient and courteous service.
- Assist the Outlet Manager & Supervisor in Food & Beverage order taking and enhancing the guest experience, in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- In the absence of the Manager and Supervisor will be responsible for cashing up, log book Completion, staff hours recording and closing procedures.
- Constantly monitors the guests in order to anticipate their needs. Communicates effectively with his/her supervisor re: guest feedback, to ensure all feedback handled promptly and to the satisfaction of the guest.
- Ensure that all tables are served within the recommended waiting time, by organising the order of service efficiently ( size of tables, time of ordering, etc).
- Meets and greets all arriving and departing guests according to THE CELTIC MANOR STANDARDS.
- Clears and cleans tables. Exchanges linen as required.
- Ensures all service and back-areas are well stocked and clean.
- Attends briefings and any training sessions as requested.
- Obtains the daily requisitions from store.
- Arrives in time (at least 5 min before shift starts) as per issued Rosta. In case of sickness he/ she will report immediately to the Outlet Manager as per CMR handbook to enable reschedule or replacement.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments
- Complies with hotel’s Health, Fire and Safety, Hygiene Policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures. Reports all situations, which may represent a danger to guests or staff, immediately, to his/her supervisor, and takes action to rectify the situation, if possible.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and minimise costs incurred through breakage, loss and excessive use of chemicals.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development
Set in 2,000 acres of rolling parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, South Wales, the award-winning Celtic Manor offers luxury on a grand scale, encompassing a host of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Manor Collection. With four hotels and ten luxurious Hunter Lodges, three spectacular championship golf courses, two health spas and fitness clubs, seven restaurants, an array of exciting adventure activities and a new International Convention Centre Wales, Celtic Manor is the ultimate European resort destination.
In the event we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close this campaign early
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The Celtic Manor Resort is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome interest from applicants of all ages.