25 Jun 2019
Name: Joanne Meredith
Place of work: The Ritz, London
Role: Head of Human Resources
Joanne Meredith takes us through her personal experiences whilst being in the Culinary Industry. These key skills that young Chefs and industry professionals learn as part of their basic training.
1. Ensure you CV is professional and stands out from the rest
2. Use positive words
3. Show results and achievements
4. Start your employment history with the most recent experience – give a brief description of your duties – use keywords
5. Tailor your CV to the role you are applying for – use the advert to do this
1. Do you really want this job? What is your motivation?
2. Are you capable of carrying out the role? – Do you have the skills and experience?
3. Are you a cultural fit for the organisation? – How will you interact with internal and external customers?
4. Use ‘work/college’ based examples to back up your answers.
Research before an interview:
1. Learn about the Company
2. Review the Company website
3. Know the person/s who will be interviewing you – research on LinkedIn
4. Re-read the job advertisement and the entry requirements
Most importantly ‘sell yourself’ – believe in your skills and abilities and be enthusiastic about the role you are applying for.